Saturday, June 21, 2008
Enchanting Evening
Goodness me! I cannot believe I have slept in so late. I woke up at 8 and had breakfast on the veranda. Ann was taken aback when she saw me walk down the stairs at 8 completely spent. She brought me some tea and toast, and almost commenced laughing at the hilarity of the situation. Regardless, I had a delightful night last night. Kelby and I went to the ball together. When we arrived, I noticed Gerald was there immediately so Kelby and I went to talk to him. He acted very bashful and I was quite surprised at the time. After many up tempo songs, there was finally a slow song. Gerald meandered towards me. I was extremely jubilant when he asked me to dance. When I said yes, he seemed to become relieved. We went out onto the floor and he became rid of his bashfulness. We started out quite far apart and then somehow we started to dance closer and closer. For the entirety of the ball, we did not take our eyes off each other. It was picturesque. After the ball we went out with Kelby and some of his friends. It seemed almost concerted as everyone left the table to "visit the lav." Promptly after everyone had left, Gerald kissed me on the cheek and asked me if I would be his girlfriend. I was so exuberant and I clearly said yes. When everyone returned, they seemed to have the sliest grins on their faces. I asked Kelby later why she did not tell me of this extraordinary event. She said she did not want to spoil the surprise. I completely understand and I actually felt kind of fortunate that she kept it under wraps. I was really a magnificent night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
thats really great! that was so romantic! sounds like you had an awesome time! =]
Post a Comment