Monday, June 23, 2008

An Original Poem

My new blogging friend Emmie's poem has inspired me to write a poem of my very own. I've been working on it diligently for a few days now, and I have finally completed it.

A World Without You

In a world without you
I couldn't help but weep.
Weep and weep.
Cry and cry.

In a world without you
I couldn't help but think.
Think about you.
At all times.
At all hours.

In a world without you
I couldn't help but worry.
That you would never come.
Never ever ever.

Please inform me of your opinion of the poem. Although I do not fear a bit of constructive criticism, please be gentle and forgiving. This is my first original poem.


5 comments:

Zofia said...

It is a wonderful poem. Very simple structure, yet very powerful. By the way, my favorite flower is roses. Have a nice evening.

Ella

Emmalene said...

it's good for your first poem. keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Good poem! Keep reading Destiny's poems as well! Hers are great and you can probably learn a lot by reading them.

Emmalene said...

destiny's poems are AMAZING!

Livie23 said...

for ur first poem, thats really good!! my first poems really sucked!!! <=]